13 Security breaches Worldwide – Week 9, 2019
Be informed about the latest 13 Security breaches Worldwide, identified and reported publicly during Week 9, 2019. As these security-related breaches have a severe negative impact on your business, consider a security AUDIT to prevent any similar cases.
- Fortinet’s quarterly threat report has found 15 new zero day exploits across its network telemetry and a rise of ten percent in total exploits seen by each customer in the last quarter.
- It also maps the various IoT exploits as shown in the graph below. QUARTERLY Threat Landscape Report
- A report from Gigamon examines how the most prolific malware has evaded detection in the past year.
- It shows a rapid rise in Emotet in November and its kill chain and lateral activity is dissected. How Malware Traverses Your Network Without You Even Knowing About It
- Corero DDoS trends report has seen the average DDoS attack has gotten larger and briefer, with most of them lasting less than ten minutes.
- A fifth of victims are hit a second time within a day too. The number of attacks over 10Gbps have doubled, while the duration of attacks continues to decrease. Corero Full Year 2018 DDoS Trends Report
- Zscaler’s latest report on SSL traffic examined threats blocked by their products.
- Phishing increased by a factor of four from 2017, with Microsoft Office and One Drive being the most often brands targeted. Trickbot was responsible for more than half of botnet originated attacks. Find out what’s hiding in encrypted traffic
- On average, IoT devices come under attack within five minutes of being plugged in.
- They are also targeted by specific exploits within the first 24 hours of operation. The number of DDoS attacks in 2018 was up 26 percent compared to the year previously and the attacks are getting bigger too. DAWN OF THE TERRORBIT ERA
- Botnets have had a major impact on online ticketing sites, according to a new analysis by Distill Networks
- Several groups are using these bots, including ticket brokers and hospitality agencies, as well as true criminals. The attacks are getting more sophisticated, using ticket spinning (where they are held long enough to mess with seat availability), scalping and outright fraud. The report looks across this very complex ecosystem (see graphic below). How Bots Affect Ticketing
Discover trending and viral stories about Security breaches Worldwide. The remaining Security breaches made news headlines. All these happened just in the last 7 days.