owl WAF - Cloud-based Web Application Firewall€ 10 / month
Brand and business4.0/5
Ease of use5.0/5
Website Application Firewall features4.5/5
- An online security company founded in May 2018. The owl power EUROPE team mostly focuses on European customers and WordPress. They have strategic partnerships with the biggest online security brands.
- Price: € 10 per month or € 89 per year. 3 months FREE incentive to purchase a yearly plan.
- Requires just a server-side connection, done by owl WAF support team under 5 minutes. No setup, no configuration, no alerts, no interventions are needed. Fully managed service by the owl WAF security experts.
- Offers a blazing-fast AND real-time preventative security feature against XSS/SQL INJECTIONS, CODE UPLOADS, DOS and DDOS PROTECTION, stopping SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY and CONTENT GRABBING.
- Unparalleled cloud compatibility, working with top CMS, eshop systems, frameworks and website builders. Compatibility list supported by strategic partnerships.
- Cloud-based Web Application Firewall requires public access to the protected domain. Cannot be used inside private networks or DMZ.
- Per domain licensing can be costly for big portfolio agencies or corporate customers. Volume discounts can be requested only via direct contact.
- Fully managed service also means that you need to request each time customer support to whitelist a new 3rd party integration or IP/location/device.
- Fully managed service also means NO alerts, NO reports, NO emails, NO SMS/tweet/pings. The monthly report can be requested for FREE.
- Has no other features than a real-time firewall.
WebARX - Web Application Security Platform
Brand and business2.5/5
Ease of use1.0/5
Website Application Firewall features4.0/5
- A web security startup founded in July 2018 by Spanish cybersecurity company Open Data Security and Estonia’s LIFT99. WebARX already operates a fully distributed team serving customers in 83 countries.
- Price: $14.99 per month and $152.88 per year. Not a big incentive to purchase a yearly plan.
- WebARX has a smart firewall engine which will protect your website from software vulnerabilities and separates true visitors from fake traffic.
- WordPress specific extra security hardening.
- Works on WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Magento, CakePHP, Laravel, Symfony and PHP.
- Manual intervention with extra costs involved for malware removal, hack cleanup, SEO spam removal.
- Requires technical expertise to set up and use. No fine-tuning possibilities or tailored options for specific needs.
- Get alerts on issues which need immediate attention. Security knowledge is a must. Reactive approach for time-sensitive matters.
- Extra features clutter, unrelated to security: blacklist monitoring + error monitoring + up-time monitoring + domain expiration monitoring + certificate expiration monitoring. They do not hold ground for dedicated service providers.
- WebARX has a smart firewall engine which separates true visitors from fake traffic. Sometimes even real users, filtered out by IP, device, location.