owl WAF - Cloud-based Web Application Firewall€ 10 / month
Brand and business4.0/5
Ease of use5.0/5
Website Application Firewall features4.5/5
- An online security company founded in May 2018. The owl power EUROPE team mostly focuses on European customers and WordPress. They have strategic partnerships with the biggest online security brands.
- Price: € 10 per month or € 89 per year. 3 months FREE incentive to purchase a yearly plan.
- Requires just a server-side connection, done by owl WAF support team under 5 minutes. No setup, no configuration, no alerts, no interventions are needed. Fully managed service by the owl WAF security experts.
- Offers a blazing-fast AND real-time preventative security feature against XSS/SQL INJECTIONS, CODE UPLOADS, DOS and DDOS PROTECTION, stopping SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY and CONTENT GRABBING.
- Unparalleled cloud compatibility, working with top CMS, eshop systems, frameworks and website builders. Compatibility list supported by strategic partnerships.
- Cloud-based Web Application Firewall requires public access to the protected domain. Cannot be used inside private networks or DMZ.
- Per domain licensing can be costly for big portfolio agencies or corporate customers. Volume discounts can be requested only via direct contact.
- Fully managed service also means that you need to request each time customer support to whitelist a new 3rd party integration or IP/location/device.
- Fully managed service also means NO alerts, NO reports, NO emails, NO SMS/tweet/pings. The monthly report can be requested for FREE.
- Has no other features than a real-time firewall.
VaultPress - WordPress Backup and Security$39 per year
Brand and business5.0/5
Ease of use0.5/5
Website Application Firewall features0.5/5
- VaultPress is brought to you by Automattic, one of the most trusted and prominent names in WordPress.
- VaultPress is now powered by Jetpack.
- Need constant human approval: "Fix detected viruses, malware, and other dangerous threats with a single click."
- A reactive approach to security because everything happens in their offsite digital vault: "Automatically detect and eliminate viruses, malware, and other exploitable security problems that may be lurking on your website."
- "VaultPress makes it easy to review suspicious code and fix the most common threats with a simple button click." Now, just make sure that a security expert and an expert programmer are reading your security notifications, both at the same time.
- 50% of this solution is backup oriented. 49% is to push Jetpack.