owl WAF vs ASTRA Security
owl WAF - Cloud-based Web Application Firewall€ 10 / month
Brand and business4.0/5
Ease of use5.0/5
Website Application Firewall features4.5/5
- An online security company founded in May 2018. The owl power EUROPE team mostly focuses on European customers and WordPress. They have strategic partnerships with the biggest online security brands.
- Price: € 10 per month or € 89 per year. 3 months FREE incentive to purchase a yearly plan.
- Requires just a server-side connection, done by owl WAF support team under 5 minutes. No setup, no configuration, no alerts, no interventions are needed. Fully managed service by the owl WAF security experts.
- Offers a blazing-fast AND real-time preventative security feature against XSS/SQL INJECTIONS, CODE UPLOADS, DOS and DDOS PROTECTION, stopping SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY and CONTENT GRABBING.
- Unparalleled cloud compatibility, working with top CMS, eshop systems, frameworks and website builders. Compatibility list supported by strategic partnerships.
- Cloud-based Web Application Firewall requires public access to the protected domain. Cannot be used inside private networks or DMZ.
- Per domain licensing can be costly for big portfolio agencies or corporate customers. Volume discounts can be requested only via direct contact.
- Fully managed service also means that you need to request each time customer support to whitelist a new 3rd party integration or IP/location/device.
- Fully managed service also means NO alerts, NO reports, NO emails, NO SMS/tweet/pings. The monthly report can be requested for FREE.
- Has no other features than a real-time firewall.
ASTRA Security - 360° Website Security | Firewall & Malware Scan€12/mo
Brand and business5.0/5
Ease of use1.0/5
Website Application Firewall features4.0/5
- Astra Web Security is a Techstars company & the winner of the French Tech Ticket Program. Awarded as The Most Innovative Security Company at the Global Conference on Cyber Security.
- Every incoming request to your website is scanned in real-time with Astra WAF.
- Stops hackers, bad bots, SQLi, XSS, spam, malware and 80+ attacks.
- Astra is not only GDPR compliant but gives you the ability to make a cookie consent & opt-in form for your website.
- Hourly login summary to track successful & failed login attempts
- Price: €149 per month and €1428 per year. Jaw-dropping cost for a portfolio owner or agency.
- This can get out of hand fast: "Only real users get to access your website." Happy "all your visitors" profiling: the intelligent firewall detects visitor patterns on your website & automatically blocks hackers with malicious intent.
- Stay on top of the daily security status of your website. Get security reports right in your email inbox.
- Filled with features unrelated to WAF. Biggest bloatware bundled under one hood: Reputation Monitoring, Signup Spam Prevention, Honeypots for Hackers, Detect Price Manipulation Flaws, Find Business Logic Errors, Patch Vulnerabilities Automatically, Secure Third-party Plugins, Track Login Anomalies, and many more.