WP Security Plugin Vulnerabilities MAR 2022
Be informed about the latest WP Security Plugin Vulnerabilities MAR 2022 Threat Case Study, identified and reported publicly. These breaches create even more problems and vulnerability exploitation with a severe negative impact on any WordPress Security or WordPress Hosting. Contact us for our WP Security audit.
A jaw-dropping approximated 821.000+ active WordPress sites are circumvented by WP Security Plugin Vulnerabilities MAR 2022, as security relies on these measures. It is a significant -36% decrease compared to last month. The estimated number can increase with premium versions and/or closed versions, as they are private purchases.
Furthermore, the initial estimation can multiply if we consider the already patched versions BUT NOT UPDATED by owners, as the vulnerability remains active within their domain. As these owners start changing their hosting provider (due to constant unexplained issues), they actively migrate these vulnerabilities behind protected areas, possibly exposing other clean WP to different attack types.
If you are serious about your business, then you need to pay attention to the WordPress security best practices. In this post, we will share all the latest WordPress plugin vulnerability reports to help you protect your website against hackers and malware. The following cases made headlines PUBLICLY just last month in the WP Security Plugin Vulnerabilities MAR 2022 category:
- Blackhole for Bad Bots – Arbitrary IP Address Blocking via IP Spoofing
- Bad bots are the worst. They do all sorts of nasty stuff and waste server resources. The Blackhole plugin helps to stop bad bots and save precious resources for legit visitors. Active installations: 30,000+
- Simple Membership – Arbitrary Member Deletion via CSRF
- Simple Membership – Arbitrary Transaction Deletion via Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF)
- The simple membership plugin lets you protect your posts and pages so only your members can view the protected content. Active installations: 50,000 +
- WHMCS Bridge – Reflected Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- The WHMCS Bridge plugin integrates your WHMCS support and billing software into WordPress providing a seamless and consistent user experience to your customers. Active installations: 10,000 +
- Profile Builder – User Profile & User Registration Forms – Reflected Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Easy to use user profile plugin for creating front-end login, user registration and edit profile forms by using shortcodes. Active installations: 60,000 +
- WP Content Copy Protection & No Right Click – Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) leads to Settings Update
- This wp plugin protect the posts content from being copied by any other web site author , you dont want your content to spread without your permission!! Active installations: 100,000+
- Security & Malware scan by CleanTalk – SQL Injection (SQLi)
- CleanTalk is a Cloud security service that protects your website from online threats and provides you great security instruments to control your website security. We provide detailed security stats for all of our security features to have a full control of security. All security logs are stored in the cloud for 45 days. Active installations: 10,000+
- BulletProof Security – Stored Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- LoginPress | Custom Login Page Customizer – Reflected Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- LoginPress Plugin by LoginPress holds a lot of customization fields to change the layout of the login page of WordPress. You can modify the look and feel of login page completely even the login error messages, forgot error messages, registration error messages, forget password hint message and many more. Active installations: 200,000+
- WP Cerber Security, Anti-spam & Malware Scan – Unauthenticated Stored Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Defends WordPress against hacker attacks, spam, trojans, and malware. Mitigates brute-force attacks by limiting the number of login attempts through the login form, XML-RPC / REST API requests, or using auth cookies. Active installations: 200,000+
- WordPress File Upload – Stored Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) via Malicious SVG
- WordPress File Upload – Stored Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) via Shortcode
- With this plugin you or other users can upload files to your site from any page, post or sidebar easily and securely. Active installations: 30,000+
- UsersWP – User Registration & User Profile – User Avatar Override
- Today UsersWP is by far the simplest solution available to manage users on WordPress. It takes seconds to setup, it is super fast and it’s perfect to create a community of users within your website. Active installations: 10,000+
- WordPress File Upload Professional – Stored Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) via Malicious SVG
- WordPress File Upload Professional – Stored Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) via Shortcode
- With this plugin you, or other users, can upload files to your WordPress website from any page easily and securely, while it has many features and capabilities. Active installations: N/A+
- Zero Spam for WordPress – SQL Injection (SQLi)
- Quit forcing people to answer questions or confusing captchas to prove they’re not spam. Stop malicious users before they ever have a chance to infiltrate your site — introducing Zero Spam for WordPress. Active installations: 30,000+
- WordPress Multisite Content Copier/Updater – Reflected Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- WordPress Multisite Content Copier/Updater plugin is the best solution for copy/update posts and pages from one site (blog) to the other sites (blogs) in your WordPress Multisite Network. Active installations: 800+
security isn’t something that you can just do once. It’s something that’s constantly evolving and you need to regularly update your site’s security standards and conduct routine website safety checks if you want to stay protected.
There isn’t a way to 100% protect your website from hackers and other malicious attempts. But, if you want to give your site the highest level of protection possible, then it’s a good idea to update immediately these WP Security Plugin Vulnerabilities MAR 2022. You rely on a security guard that currently is sleeping!
Why do you need updated security?
A WordPress security plugin provides many valuable functions, but at its most basic, a WordPress security plugin protects your website from attacks during the time it is vulnerable. WordPress security is a subject of big relevance for every single internet site proprietor. Google blacklists ~ daily 10,000+ internet domains for malware as well as ~ weekly 50,000 for phishing.
Even if your website starts protected, in time it will certainly come to be much less and less protected. It’s important to secure on your own from hackers who are continuously seeking vulnerabilities within the popular WordPress CMS.
Once hackers find and exploit these vulnerabilities, then developers will patch those holes and release an update for their users. However, there’s a time gap of weeks or even months, between the time when the vulnerability is exploited and the patch is provided. During this time you’re exposed.
What is Vulnerability Knowledge?
As time passes, vulnerabilities are discovered in your plugins, theme and the version of WordPress core you are using. Those vulnerabilities (or security holes) ALWAYS become public knowledge sooner rather, than later.
Can MY WordPress be hacked?
“No System Is Safe” and also WordPress is not an exemption. WordPress simply BY ITSELF is very secure. Stats reveal that 41% of hacked WordPress websites get hacked through WordPress hosting vulnerabilities, 29% through a theme, 22% through a plugin, and also 8% as a result of weak passwords. The security of your site is only as good as the foundation it’s running on. That’s why it’s important to audit existing security measures already in place, such as WP Security Plugin Vulnerabilities MAR 2022.