12 SQL Injections MAR 2021
WordPress Security Report
Be informed about the latest SQL Injections MAR 2021, identified and reported publicly. As these SQL Injections MAR 2021 vulnerabilities have a severe negative impact on any WordPress Security, consider our FREE security AUDIT.
An estimated 210.000+ active WordPress installations are susceptible to this attack type, considering only the publicly available numbers. The estimated number can increase by 20-25% with premium versions as they are private purchases.
Furthermore, the initial estimation can multiply if we consider the already patched versions BUT NOT UPDATED by owners, as the vulnerability remains active within their domain. As these owners start changing their hosting provider (due to constant unexplained issues), they actively migrate these vulnerabilities behind protected areas, possibly exposing other clean WP to different attack types.
It is a 500% increase compared to December 2020. We compare last month versus previous winter holiday season, which has the biggest shopping traffic and attack spike throughout the year. Read more about our previous reports here: 8 SQL Injections FEB 2021 – 300% increase spike vs. DEC 2020 and 2 SQL Injections – WordPress Security DEC. The following cases made headlines PUBLICLY just last month in the SQL Injections MAR 2021 category:
- Tutor LMS – eLearning and online course solution < 1.7.7 - SQL Injection via tutor_mark_answer_as_correct
- Tutor LMS – eLearning and online course solution < 1.7.7 - SQL Injection via tutor_place_rating
- Tutor LMS – eLearning and online course solution < 1.8.3 - SQL Injection via tutor_answering_quiz_question/get_answer_by_id
- Tutor LMS – eLearning and online course solution < 1.8.3 - SQL Injection via tutor_quiz_builder_get_answers_by_question
- Tutor LMS – eLearning and online course solution < 1.8.3 - SQL Injection via tutor_quiz_builder_get_question_form
- Tutor is a complete, feature-packed and robust WordPress LMS plugin to create & sell courses online easily. All the features of this learning management system hits all the checkpoints for a full-fledged online course marketplace. You can create challenging and fun quizzes, interactive lessons, powerful reports and stats making Tutor potentially the best free WordPress LMS plugin. Manage, administer and monetize your education, online school, and online courses without having to write a single line of code. Active installations: 30,000+
- Paid Memberships Pro < 2.5.6 - Authenticated SQL Injection
- Paid Memberships Pro gives you all the tools you need to start, manage, and grow your membership site. The plugin is designed for premium content sites, clubs/associations, subscription products, newsletters and more. Active installations: 100,000+
- Quiz And Survey Master – Best Quiz, Exam and Survey Plugin for WordPress < 7.1.12 - Authenticated SQL injection via shortcode
- Quiz And Survey Master – Best Quiz, Exam and Survey Plugin for WordPress < 7.1.14 - Authenticated SQL injection via Rest API
- Quiz and Survey Master is the easiest WordPress Quiz Plugin which can be used to create engaging content to drive traffic and increase user engagement. Everything from viral quiz, trivia quiz, customer satisfaction surveys to employee surveys. This plugin is the ultimate marketing tool for your website. Active installations: 40,000+
- Super Interactive Maps for WordPress – Unauthenticated SQL Injections
- Super Interactive Maps is a fully-featured WordPress Plugin integrated with Google Geochart API that allows you to create maps of country, continent and regions. Create custom markers on top of your map to show location of interest such as hotel, cafes, airport and others. You can add interactivity to your map such as displaying interactive tooltips, lightbox window or linking to a web page content. Active installations: Not public info
- Super Store Finder for WordPress (Google Maps Store Locator) – Unauthenticated SQL Injections
- Super Store Finder for WordPress is a fully-featured store locator WordPress plugin integrated with the latest Google Maps API that allows customers to locate your stores easily. Tailor-made with intuitive responsive design for smartphones, tablets and touch screen devices. It has powerful administrator that allows you to manage stores, tags/categories and customize styles, colors, labels, notifications, regions and map settings. Active installations: Not public info
- wpDataTables – Tables & Table Charts < 3.4.2 - Blind SQL Injection via length Parameter
- wpDataTables – Tables & Table Charts < 3.4.2 - Blind SQL Injection via start Parameter
- wpDataTables is a popular WordPress table plugin used to quickly create tables & table charts from Excel, CSV, PHP and other data sources. Use our WP table plugin to represent vast amounts of complicated data in concise, user-friendly way using tables or charts. Active installations: 40,000+
BRIEF: SQL Injections MAR 2021 is a code injection technique, used to attack data-driven applications, in which malicious SQL statements are inserted into an entry field for execution.
What is SQL Injections MAR 2021?
SQL injection is a web security vulnerability that allows an attacker to interfere with the queries that an application makes to its database. It generally allows an attacker to view data that they are not normally able to retrieve. This might include data belonging to other users, or any other data that the application itself is able to access.
In many cases, an attacker can modify or delete this data, causing persistent changes to the application’s content or behavior. In some situations, an attacker can escalate an SQL injection attack to compromise the underlying server or other back-end infrastructure, or perform a denial-of-service attack.
What is the impact of an SQL Injections MAR 2021?
A successful SQL injection attack can result in unauthorized access to sensitive data, such as passwords, credit card details, or personal user information. Many high-profile data breaches in recent years have been the result of SQL injection attacks, leading to reputational damage and regulatory fines. In some cases, an attacker can obtain a persistent backdoor into an organization’s systems, leading to a long-term compromise that can go unnoticed for an extended period.
What kind of SQL Injections are exploited?
There are a wide variety of SQL injection vulnerabilities, attacks, and techniques, which arise in different situations. Some common SQL injection examples include:
– Retrieving hidden data, where you can modify an SQL query to return additional results.
– Subverting application logic, where you can change a query to interfere with the application’s logic.
– UNION attacks, where you can retrieve data from different database tables.
– Examining the database, where you can extract information about the version and structure of the database.
– Blind SQL injection, where the results of a query you control are not returned in the application’s responses.