SQL Injections JUN 2021
Tailored WordPress Security Report
Be informed about the latest SQL Injections JUN 2021, identified and reported publicly. As these SQL Injections JUN 2021 vulnerabilities have a severe negative impact on any WordPress Security, consider our FREE security AUDIT.
An estimated 317.100+ active WordPress installations are susceptible to this attack type, considering only the publicly available numbers. The estimated number can increase by 20-25% with premium versions as they are private purchases.
Furthermore, the initial estimation can multiply if we consider the already patched versions BUT NOT UPDATED by owners, as the vulnerability remains active within their domain. As these owners start changing their hosting provider (due to constant unexplained issues), they actively migrate these vulnerabilities behind protected areas, possibly exposing other clean WP to different attack types.
It is a whopping 400% increase spike compared to December 2020. We compare last month versus previous winter holiday season, which has the biggest shopping traffic and attack spike throughout the year. Read more about our previous reports here: 8 SQL Injections MAY 2021 – 300% increase spike vs DEC 2020 and 2 SQL Injections – WordPress Security DEC. The following cases made headlines PUBLICLY just last month in the SQL Injections JUN 2021 category:
- Sendit WP Newsletter – Authenticated SQL Injection
- This plugin has been closed as of April 29, 2021 and is not available for download. Reason: Security Issue.
- Side Menu – Authenticated SQL Injection
- This plugin has been closed as of June 23, 2021 and is not available for download. This closure is temporary, pending a full review.
- Xllentech English Islamic Calendar – Authenticated SQL Injection
- Xllentech English Islamic Calendar plugin shows calendar with english and islamic dates by the current english month. This calendar plugin is fully programmed in php and requires no maintenance for Islamic dates year to year. Active installations: 100+
- Yes/No Chart – Authenticated Blind SQL Injection
- This plugin provides the function to create a set of questions to answer with “yes / no (/or other)”. Active installations: 2,000+
- FileBird – WordPress Media Library Folders & File Manager – Unauthenticated SQL Injection
- FileBird enhances your media library with clean UI, native icons, smooth drag & drop, advanced sort and organization. Active installations: 100,000+
- Poll, Survey, Questionnaire and Voting system – Unauthenticated Blind SQL Injection
- It’s not easy to create WordPress Polls(Survey or Questionnaire) for website without coding knowledge. That’s we done our best to help WordPress users and developers to create surveys easily and quickly. Our Quiz and Voting system plugin is the best way to create survey forms for your website. Active installations: 800+
- Recently – Authenticated Code Injection
- Let’s face it: WordPress’ default Recent Posts widget does the job as promised but it’s not very flexible. Things like excluding certain entries from the list or displaying recent posts by category can’t be done with the stock Recent Posts widget. Therefore, let me introduce Recently. Active installations: 400+
- WordPress Popular Posts – Authenticated Code Injection
- WordPress Popular Posts is a highly customizable widget that displays your most popular posts. Active installations: 200,000+
- JoomSport – for Sports: Team & League, Football, Hockey & more – Unauthenticated PHP Object Injection
- Complex solution to build a sports web site. Developed since 2009 JoomSport offers the features essential for any sports site – sports league standings, sports teams with description and stats, players with their profiles, photos and personal achievements, fixtures analytics and match results with score and game details, and finally all this put into well-structured seasons and leagues. Active installations: 2,000+
BRIEF: SQL Injections JUN 2021 is a code injection technique, used to attack data-driven applications, in which malicious SQL statements are inserted into an entry field for execution.
What is SQL Injections JUN 2021?
SQL injection is a web security vulnerability that allows an attacker to interfere with the queries that an application makes to its database. It generally allows an attacker to view data that they are not normally able to retrieve. This might include data belonging to other users, or any other data that the application itself is able to access.
In many cases, an attacker can modify or delete this data, causing persistent changes to the application’s content or behavior. In some situations, an attacker can escalate an SQL injection attack to compromise the underlying server or other back-end infrastructure, or perform a denial-of-service attack.
What is the impact of an SQL Injections JUN 2021?
A successful SQL injection attack can result in unauthorized access to sensitive data, such as passwords, credit card details, or personal user information. Many high-profile data breaches in recent years have been the result of SQL injection attacks, leading to reputational damage and regulatory fines. In some cases, an attacker can obtain a persistent backdoor into an organization’s systems, leading to a long-term compromise that can go unnoticed for an extended period.
What kind of SQL Injections are exploited?
There are a wide variety of SQL injection vulnerabilities, attacks, and techniques, which arise in different situations. Some common SQL injection examples include:
– Retrieving hidden data, where you can modify an SQL query to return additional results.
– Subverting application logic, where you can change a query to interfere with the application’s logic.
– UNION attacks, where you can retrieve data from different database tables.
– Examining the database, where you can extract information about the version and structure of the database.
– Blind SQL injection, where the results of a query you control are not returned in the application’s responses.