8 Security breaches Worldwide – Week 25, 2019
Be informed about the latest 8 Security breaches Worldwide, identified and reported publicly during Week 25, 2019. As these security-related breaches have a severe negative impact on any business, consider a security AUDIT to prevent any similar cases.
- The Scranos hacking group has added new features with new infection methods such as the Yoddos backdoor Trojan.
- It is delivered via fake ads and bundled with legit software products. Researchers have also seen how it also leverages legit Windows OS components to make it seem benign. This data-stealing malware has returned with new attacks and nasty upgraded features
- A new variant of Houdini Worm called the WSH RAT has been seen in phishing attacks.
- Ransomware continues to make news this week.
- There were two major attacks recently reported: First the Brookside ENT hearing clinic in Michigan closed after a ransomware attack encrypted all of its computerized medical records in April. The attackers demanded $6,500 and the owners decided not to pay. Second, the trucking company A. Duie Pyle was also hit more recently with ransomware. The company was able to quickly restore many systems, although a few portions of their website remained offline. Michigan Practice to Shutter after Hackers Delete Patient Files and Pennsylvania trucking company falls victim to ransomware attack
- Canada’s largest credit union Desjardins apparently was compromised by a phishing attack, the company confirmed.
- Private data of nearly 3 million of its members and business partners was leaked online. Passwords, security questions, and PINs weren’t part of the leak, however. Users will receive a year of free credit monitoring. Important message for our members June 20, 2019 – 2:00 pm
Discover trending and viral stories about Security breaches Worldwide. The remaining Security breaches made news headlines. All these happened just last week.
- xSocial Media, a Florida-based ad agency left their database open and leaked Private Data.
- The leaked details from their database included sensitive details about medical malpractice cases, and combat injuries sustained by US military veterans. Bank accounts were also part of the leak. Report: Medical Data Leaked for Hundreds of Thousands of Users (including US Veterans)
- A state-by-state comparison of the top data breaches has been assembled.
- Since 2008, there have been nearly 10,000 of them, exposing 10 billion records. They coordinate with overall population numbers: South Dakota, North Dakota, Wyoming, West Virginia, and Hawaii suffered the fewest ones, and California and New York the most. Which states have the most data breaches? Data breaches by US state
- The software vendor Kaseya had its web-based remote management tool breached by hackers.
- The company confirmed the incident in this report. The breach could allow remote code execution of customer PCs. Customers of 3 MSPs Hit in Ransomware Attacks
- Seven million Venmo instant P2P payment transactions have been copied over a six-month period by a CS student and posted to Github.
- The issue is there isn’t any encryption by default and that the Venmo API is easily scriptable and completely open. This is the second such attack, this time by a different researcher. If you use Venmo, go to Settings/Privacy and select private for your past and future transactions. Millions of Venmo transactions scraped in warning over privacy settings