How to add an online form to your WP widgets?
This tutorial is part of the owl Contacts - recommended features for your marketing and WordPress. With this post, you will understand why and how to add an online form to your WordPress widgets.
What are the WordPress Widgets?
A WordPress Widget is a small block that performs a specific function. You can add these widgets to sidebars also known as widget-ready areas on your web page. WordPress widgets were originally created to provide a simple and easy-to-use way of giving design and structure control of the WordPress theme to the user. Widgets can be easily dragged and dropped into a specific widget area. You can find the list of available widgets and widget areas by going to the Appearance » Widgets section in your WordPress dashboard.
Advantages of using Widgets in WordPress
- Widgets allow you to add an advanced level of functionality to a website that adds to its appeal.
- Widgets allow you to achieve functionality to meet the niche demands of your business.
- Widgets can be installed into a WordPress site without having to write a single line of code. This makes it very popular with the average WordPress users who may not possess coding expertise.
- You can also have two customized versions of the same widget running on the website. These widgets can be customized to achieve distinct functionalities in a website.
Add the owl Contacts online form to your WordPress Widgets
1. Go to owl Contacts application and access owl Contacts / Tweaks / Online form and create your customized form. After that, click the ''generate form'' button (1) and finally the ''copy form'' button (2).
2. Once you are finished, login into the admin area of your website and access the Appearance » Widgets section. Here you can ''paste'' the online form code into the desired section. To use your online form for a sidebar, you have to drag a ''text box'' into the ''Default Sidebar'' section and ''paste'' the code in the text box (3), after that just click the ''save'' button and you are finished.
What are filter tags?
When you want to see contacts from a certain online form it's not very useful to stare at a list of 1000+…