owl WAF vs Sucuri WAF
owl WAF - Cloud-based Web Application Firewall€ 10 / month
Brand and business4.0/5
Ease of use5.0/5
Website Application Firewall features4.5/5
- An online security company founded in May 2018. The owl power EUROPE team mostly focuses on European customers and WordPress. They have strategic partnerships with the biggest online security brands.
- Price: € 10 per month or € 89 per year. 3 months FREE incentive to purchase a yearly plan.
- Requires just a server-side connection, done by owl WAF support team under 5 minutes. No setup, no configuration, no alerts, no interventions are needed. Fully managed service by the owl WAF security experts.
- Offers a blazing-fast AND real-time preventative security feature against XSS/SQL INJECTIONS, CODE UPLOADS, DOS and DDOS PROTECTION, stopping SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY and CONTENT GRABBING.
- Unparalleled cloud compatibility, working with top CMS, eshop systems, frameworks and website builders. Compatibility list supported by strategic partnerships.
- Cloud-based Web Application Firewall requires public access to the protected domain. Cannot be used inside private networks or DMZ.
- Per domain licensing can be costly for big portfolio agencies or corporate customers. Volume discounts can be requested only via direct contact.
- Fully managed service also means that you need to request each time customer support to whitelist a new 3rd party integration or IP/location/device.
- Fully managed service also means NO alerts, NO reports, NO emails, NO SMS/tweet/pings. The monthly report can be requested for FREE.
- Has no other features than a real-time firewall.
Website Application Firewall from Sucuri
Brand and business5.0/5
Ease of use2.0/5
Website Application Firewall features5.0/5
- Well established brand since 2008, with trustful customer satisfaction. Business deeply rooted in online security.
- Price: $19.98 per month and $199.99 per year. Not a big incentive to purchase a yearly plan.
- Offers performant tools to monitor and scan your site and fix security leaks and loopholes a few times per day.
- Works on WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, .NET, phpBB and vBulletin. Manual malware infection intervention whether you use a CMS or not.
- Automated and Manual intervention for: malware removal, hack cleanup, SEO spam removal.
- Requires technical expertise to set up and use. No fine-tuning possibilities or tailored options for specific needs.
- Money related Response Times: Choose a plan that fits your needs. One-time priority cleanup service requires extra cost for immediate intervention.
- Money related features: plans include scans, detection and monitoring at 24/12/6 hour intervals. High-end plans offer 30min or custom options.
- Disabled features per plans. You need a specific plan to benefit from specific features.
- Extra features clutter, unrelated to security: CDN + performance & speed optimization + Quarantine + Backup do not hold ground for dedicated service providers. They also lock you in specific plans to benefit from these.