This tutorial is part of the owl Contacts - recommended features for your marketing and WordPress. With this post, you will understand why and how to add your form into a floating bar.
This is a floating bar, which contains a few fields from the owl CONTACTS form. It is meant to show above your main menu (in the website's header). Click on image for a bigger version.
Advantages of floating bars:
- They allow viewing their content while also viewing the entire screen
- Highly visible in the parent window, can be hidden, dismissed or always visible.
- Users tend to interact more with simple or easy forms, with lesser fields.
Disadvantages of floating bars:
- Restrict information to a one-line display (although a multi-line floating bar could be used).
- They take space away from the screen for their own display.
- Their location at the edge of the display may make them less noticeable in collapsed view.
- Annoying on small mobile screens.
WHY should you use a form in a floating bar:
- To capture leads
- To convert with a nice CTA
- To receive users contact details
- To convince users to sign-up or subscribe
- To offer special/hidden/promotional offers, discounts
HOW TO add a form in a floating bar:
- install a WordPress floating bar plugin. We recommend one of these: WPFront Notification Bar, Sticky Notification Bar For WordPress, Top Bar.
- configure the floating bar to display form above menu, always visible - even when you scroll down the page.
- generate your form using a few fields and the following settings:
- Display form fields: HORIZONTAL
- Form segment name: HIDE
- Input field name: HIDE
- WordPress column code: HIDE
- Company info tab: HIDE
- Brand info tab: HIDE
- Add your form into the floating bar, SAVE, REFRESH and done!
Example of settings for a few fields from Customer segment. Click on image for a bigger version.
Useful TIP: you can use shortcodes to add your online form if the floating bar is acting up! 😉