Newsletter & Email Marketing GDPR advice
Legal requirements are STANDARD for EVERYBODY
The majority of laws require that you inform users about your data processing activities (generally done via a privacy notice) AND that you get user’s specific permission and/or supply an easy way for them to withdraw approval. Normally, these laws use to any service targeting locals within Europe, which successfully indicates that they might use to your business whether it’s located in the area or not. This is a lot more pertinent if you’re using a purchased e-mail list as in such a case, you might not know the recipient’s nation of residence. For this reason, it’s always recommended that you approach your data processing activities with the strictest appropriate regulations in mind.
Inform users about your data collection activities
- 1. – What personal data you collect;
- 2. – How you collect it;
- 3. – The purpose of the collection (eg. for sending a newsletters / market analysis);
- 4. – All third-party participation;
- 5. – The user’s rights in concerns to their data;
- 6. – How you deal with requests related to their rights;
- 7. – The real mechanisms of interaction used (e.g email, sms, etc);.
- 8. – How you protect their information.