WP Backup Plugin Vulnerabilities APR 2022
Be informed about the latest WP Backup Plugin Vulnerabilities APR 2022 Threat Case Study, identified and reported publicly. These breaches create even more problems and vulnerability exploitation with a severe negative impact on your recovery capabilities and business future. Contact us for our WP Backup consulting.
A jaw-dropping approximated 3.111.200+ active WordPress sites are unable to depend on their recovery plan because of WP Backup Plugin Vulnerabilities APR 2022. It is a significant 50% INCREASE compared to last month. The estimated number can increase with premium versions and/or closed versions, as they are private purchases.
If you are serious about your business, then you need to pay attention because your backup is the most crucial factor where disaster hits your WordPress. In this post, we will share all the latest WP Backup Plugin Vulnerabilities to help you prevent your website from data loss and permanently going offline. The following cases made headlines PUBLICLY just last month in the WP Backup Plugin Vulnerabilities APR 2022 category:
- Church Admin – Unauthenticated Plugin’s Backup Disclosure
- Active installations: 1,000+
- UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin – Reflected CrossSite Scripting (XSS)
- Active installations: 3+ million
- Migration, Backup, Staging – WPvivid – Reflected Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Active installations: 100,000+
- Migrate WordPress Website & Backups – Prime Mover – CrossSite Request Forgery (CSRF) + Sensitive Information Disclosure
- Active installations: 2,000+
- Media Cloud for Amazon S3, Imgix, Google Cloud Storage, DigitalOcean Spaces and more – CrossSite Request Forgery (CSRF) + Sensitive Information Disclosure
- Active installations: 8,000+
- Integrate Google Drive – Complete Google Drive Cloud Solution For WordPress – CrossSite Request Forgery (CSRF) + Sensitive Information Disclosure
- Active installations: 200+
As a business, you cannot afford to lose your website data even for a single day. A major data loss can happen due to various reasons, including Human Error, Website Hack, Natural Disasters, Server Crash and Failure or Unsuccessful Updates.
Do you have control over when or how backups are taken and where they are stored? Are they trustworthy? Maybe you depend on a non-existent lifeline!
Why Is WordPress BACKUP Crucial?
A reliable backup solution ensures that you, as the WordPress owner, don’t have to conduct backups yourself nor worry about losing any data or tinker with restore procedures. Any backup solution must be comprehensive, meaning that it should take backups of both your website files and your database. This ensures that you have the complete backup package WHEN you need to restore a failed website.
Taking a daily backup of your entire website data can use a lot of resources from your web server by eating up pricey resources and bandwidth. Also, backups are a very server-intensive process, recurrent backups can impact your server performance and the storage space available for keeping backups.
Scheduled or On-demand Backups?
Both! Always both! A scheduled backup is an automated backup process, without any human intervention. Scheduled at fixed intervals (daily, weekly, or monthly) depending on your recovery plan. Manual backup is a long and time-consuming process. Yet, it is highly justified, when major changes are implemented or not so trustworthy persons handle your WordPress.
What is Vulnerability Knowledge?
As time passes, vulnerabilities are discovered in your plugins, theme and the version of WordPress core you are using. Those vulnerabilities (or Security holes) ALWAYS become public knowledge sooner rather, than later.